Mckynzie's Birth Story

This is kind of a long post:

It all started at 35 weeks pregnant. It was a Sunday and I started to have a headache, nothing serious to note. I went to work Monday and Tuesday still with a slight headache. I get to work on Wednesday and my headache is getting worse. I check my blood pressure and it's pretty high so, I call my doctors office and they want me to go straight to labor and delivery at the hospital to get checked out. At this point I start to cry because I have no idea what's going to happen. I try and call Chris but he is in class. I call my mom and she was going to come pick me up at work and take me to the hospital. Meanwhile Chris calls me back and we meet up at the Costco in Orem so he can take me to the hospital. We get there and they get me right into the triage room and get me hooked up to the baby monitor and contraction monitor. My blood pressure was still high. They drew blood and I get to lay on the bed til we get the blood work results and have my blood pressure taken every ten minutes. Babies heart rate was doing good! The nurses said baby is happy! So that was a relief. I started having lots of contractions every few minutes. So, they monitored those. After laying there for a few hours my blood work came back all good. They sent me home but with a 24 hour urine test to test my protein. (That sure was fun..;) then I came the next day for another non stress test and layed there for a few hours and got my results on the protein test. My protein was high but not high enough to keep me there so, they sent me home. By this time I'm almost 36 weeks pregnant. I then had an appointment with my doctor Friday and my blood pressure was still rising. He was very concerned and said I have preeclampsia and that he didn't think I'll make it to 37 weeks and we would need to induce me early because of my blood pressure. This made me very nervous. Is baby going to be okay being born early? Will she need oxygen? Will she be under weight? In the nicu? The doctor reassured us that there was only a 5% chance she would need oxygen and he felt like she would do just fine. He said since my blood pressure was okay he would let me go the weekend and then follow back up for evaluation. So we made it another week and my blood pressure didn't go up so he let me go to the Friday and then said let's induce you on Monday which I would be 37 weeks! So we waited all morning Monday and no phone call so I called and they told us to come to the hospital at 11:30am.

I finally get hooked up and waited about 3 hours for the doctor to come in and put this balloon catheter in to help me dialate! Man that was painful. But it is suppose to make you dialate to a 4! So we started that and my contractions started and were very painful. They gave me medication to help and it only helped for 10 min and I was back to being in lots of pain. I kept asking when I could get my epidural and the Dr wanted me dialated enough to get the balloon out before the epidural. Let's just say I didn't make it that long. I got my epidural which had to be done twice in the same setting. I then got numb but I could still move my feet! It felt great I made it through the contractions. My dr finally came in around 11:30pm to break my water! I asked him am I suppose to feel everything and they all said no. I was like.."well I felt all of that"... My epidural wasn't working only numbing my stomach and outside of my legs. So they called the anesthesiologist to come redo it for a third time. Finally I was completely numb!!! I then was started on pitocin and my contractions were good but baby girls heart rate wasn't good every time I had a contraction so the dr ordered to stop my contractions to see how her heart rate was when I wasn't contracting. Her heart rate came back down and around 3 am I had not dialated past the 4 that I was at at 11:30p so dr came in and said a c section would be the best option due to her heart rate dropping every time I would have a contraction. So they let me sit for a while since my dr was doing another c-section. At 5 am Tuesday June 17 th I was wheeled into the o.r   . And at 5:11am little miss Mckynzie Paige was born! What an amazing feeling it was to hear her cry right away! That told me her lungs were working. They brought her over to me, she was adorable but I was having a hard time focusing because they had just given me morphine and it was making me sick. I had to push her away so I wouldn't throw up on her so they whisked her away and I just threw up. How fun is that? I didn't get to see her for another couple of hours but our meeting was perfect. She was perfect at 6lbs 5oz 17.5 inches long! She had a huge bruise on her forehead and later they told me they had to use a spatula thing to get her out of my pelvis which is kinda sad. She has long fingers and toes so hopefully will get a little taller than me. She is just so beautiful and has perfect little features.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chris's Birthday and such!

New Born Pictures!

Moved!!